Monday, November 12, 2018

Last Blogpost Of The Year

                                            To Follow The Stars

Doing the blog post's this year has certainly been ideal medium for sharing information on how well I am doing at school, what struggles I have encountered etc. But I prefer to write in my journal that I carry with me at all times. This is the last blogpost of 2018 therefore it is a reflection on this year from my point of view. 

 At the start of the year I thought that following in the footsteps of  my idols would be a good idea. But  soon after I realised that while these people were great in their own right, replicating their every move would just leave me feeling lost. I believe we are all voyagers and every individual has the opportunity to carve their own path in life. The more I know, the more I realise how much I don't know and the world seems more vast than ever before. And though this year has been great so far, it is probably the most exhausting also. This I presume is due to NCEA Level 2 being a big jump in the amount of learning that you have to do in comparison  to NCEA level 1. 

Luckily I have many teachers that have supported me throughout the year in my learning and I couldn't have done it without them. So I would Like to close of this blogpost with a quote from the late physicist Steven Hawkings and a picture of Earth taken from the Voyager probe 1 from 6 billion Kilometers.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up.”  
― Stephen Hawking



Related image


   

1 comment:

  1. These are really profound thoughts and your post is a great finish to what has been a very successful year for you Bhavesh. Congratulations on your selection for the Rotary Science and Technology Forum. The team from Rotary were very impressed with you and saw the real value of your participating in this event. I am looking forward to seeing your leadership role develop next year.

    ReplyDelete